Saturday 8 September 2012

My indescribable thoughts

I'm just having one of those days.
One of those days that start out great, simply because you woke up, and turn out horribly. And trust me, I'm a completely optimistic person. Having a horrible day is so rare for me because I know that having a life is worth more than not having one. It's really as simple as that.
Except today.
Today, I just can't seem to understand that. I guess I'm just... having one of those days; and those kinds of days get me thinking. A lot. Actually, they get me thinking so much, that I want to severely stab myself in the temple with a rusty spoon just to get myself to shut up. Of course, I don't. I end up endlessly torturing myself by these sharp thoughts that just cut, stab, prick, slice, and prod at my brain until I am exhausted. Utterly and completely exhausted. So you can imagine having one of those days, and feeling exhausted because my mind just won't stop thinking. It's like a form of torture. So because of this, I am here. Transforming my feelings and energy through my fingettips onto this page. Well, screen.
Anyway, I guess in a nutshell, today sucked. Not necesarilly for any particular reason, but simply because I can't find the ability to dig through the bad to find the good. I'm just lacking that energy to want to explore through a pile of dog shit to find a diamond necklace. Sorry, it's just not there today. So, maybe I should stop ranting and actually get started on my post. If there actually was a reason for this post. Probably not. You tell me if this post was worth reading at the end.
Tonight, I'm going to talk about humans. Of course. Just like every other day. But, more specifically I want to talk about our ability to truly understand other people around us. Whether that's your parents, your friends, your siblings, or even your teachers. If we can't have a meaningful conversation with someone, then they're simply not worth our time. Seriously.
It quite honestly amazes me the way people throw around the phrase "I understand" so much. It's the same way with "I love you" or "I miss you". It's all just syllables exiting our mouths. They don't really mean anything. Those are just que words that are used to close a conversation. I would respect people more if they just said "shut up", or something that is more honest.
Back to the point; as humans, we need to learn to address other people's feelings and emotions in order to really understand. But just note, you'll never truly understand 100%. Maybe you are in a similiar situation, but just remember that everyone's life is different. There's no direct cooralition. No matter how much we want to tell ourselves that. So, with that, just know that you'll never really understand. Ever. But the key to helping people is by trying to understand. Or if you don't even want to try to understand because you can't fathom the situation, at least accept it. Don't fight something that's not your business. Let them handle their issues.
Let me do my own thing, and don't hold me back.
Have a good night everyone. Hope it's better than mine.
-Too honest Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment