Sunday 8 April 2012

A perfect life isn't as fun as you'd think

Yay! Woohoo! Yippee! Now, I bet you're wondering why I am so excited... Well, my blog officially received it's 500th view on April 3rd! I know it's probably not a lot compared to some celebrity or even another regular blogger, but it's so exciting for me. I only have about four followers yet 504 views. That just tells me that people from Facebook actually read my blog when I share the link and that makes me so freakin' happy! Now I feel like I might be talking to a few people rather than a computer screen. Anyway... I just wanted to make you guys aware that I'm very grateful that you read my blog!
Now, to get down to business...
My blog is named "Just a girl with dreams"... So why don't I write about dreams more often? I don't mean the dreams you have when you sleep, but the ones you think about during the day. Better worded as aspirations. I think the only thing I can say about people and their dreams is that people need to follow them more often. The thing that amazes me is the way people take life WAY too seriously. Honestly. We have limited time here, so why are you so focused on making it perfect? What's so great about living a perfect life? Is it fun to drive on a straight road going the same slow speed limit? Absolutely not. Take risks. Go a little faster than you're supposed to. Take a right turn even though you don't know where it leads. Don't we all simply live to die anyway? Might as well enjoy the time we have, since tomorrow isn't even guaranteed.
Now back to dreams... The only reason people don't follow their dreams is fear. Fear of not succeeding... Fear of letting down someone else's expectations... Fear of having to really work for it... Fear of going through difficulties. Basically, we're just scared of things we can't predict. But really, it's so silly. Can we predict when there's going to be a car collision on the way to work that slows us down? No... Can we predict a bad day? No... We can't predict everything. Now, if we can't predict, and we don't even have guaranteed time, why aren't we living our dreams? I will never understand why people let difficulties get in their way. Stop pitying yourselves and figure out a way to pave your own future. You have to take control.
I never thought I would do this, but Lil Wayne very cleverly took the words right out of my mouth when he said "No one gives you chances, you gotta take chances". Cheers to you Lil Wayne.
Goodnight and have sweet dreams everyone! And tomorrow, try to take a few risks. By the end of the day, you'll probably be more happy with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment