Saturday 3 December 2011

Love and all it's twists

Let me just say that it took me at least three times to start this post. I'm not quite sure why I'm struggling so much to write about love. I've experienced it before,  and I am now! Maybe not in the traditional sense as in "lets get married and have lots of babies" but I do love so many people and things. I love my dogs so dearly I feel like I'm going to be a dog lady when I'm older. I love my Juicy Couture bag that I treat like a new born baby. I love my car so much that I think that any little noise out of place is my cars plea for help. I love my family so much that I truly can not see myself living a life without them in it. I love my best friends so much that I worry about them more than myself. So with all of this love in my life, how am I struggling to write about it?
Maybe its because it is so twisted.  I feel like if I express the screwed up things about love that I would be a cynical person, but this is my blog. So let me warn you.  If you think love is a perfect rose with a lovely scent and no thorns than stop reading right now.
From what I've experienced, which is a lot for a short 16 years, I can tell you that love is worth it. Even through the times of hatred, it is always worth it. My brother, Tony, has been through a lot, and when someone you love goes through something, you hop on that train and follow along on that same journey. Whether it's a good or a bad journey, it is still a time when that person needs someone and that's where love comes in. Because of love, we as human beings have the ability to trust and care for someone. This is why we support the people we love. We trust them to be there for us when we are going through our own journey, whether it's good or bad.
But here it is folks. The moment you've all been waiting for. Here comes the cynical part. Love is absolutely horrible. It makes people do illogical things that would have never happened. Love makes people kill they're loved one because they cheated. And that's because they trusted them, and they expected the other person to care for them. Besides that, I have no explanation.
Right this second, I'm experiencing love.  I'm laying in bed with my dog right next to me and I'm feeling content and at peace with the world. So that's why love is worth it. Even if it makes us do crazy,  stupid things, it also makes us do wonderful and unexplainable things. Love makes us experience compassion even when we don't want to. It makes us better people because when you're truly in love, it makes you smile. All the time. And smiling spreads happiness in ways we could never imagine. So yes, love is twisted and horrible, but it's okay, because it's also beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment