Thursday 15 December 2011

Just be happy

Oh, hi there. It's been a while since I've written, and my last post was quite the odd one. But don't get too excited, because this one will be short since I'm not feeling so well. I just wanted to mention a little bit about life. Ya know, the normal speel.
In my opinion, life is about being happy. I don't think it's about being God's representatives, or living according to his rules. My whole family is Christian, and I used to be Christian myself until I realized that living according to his rules weren't making me happy. But don't get me wrong, there are definitely things I agree with in the religion. I agree with doing good and helping other people, but the things like heaven and hell take it a little too far. To those who are about to blow up the comment section yelling at me and beginning to pray for me, don't worry about me. I respect your passion, but don't try to push a religion on me.
Now that I've mentioned that, I'm going back to the being happy part. A friend of mine has told me repeatedly times that "We can't help other people unless we, ourselves are whole." (Forgive me if those weren't your exact words) Meaning that, we can't attempt to help other people, or make someone else happy unless we are happy. It seems selfish at first thought, but how do we expect to give advice to someone in need when we need advice. But, don't forget that people never stop growing. Advice should never stop being received, and should never be put off because we don't think we need it. No matter how whole we are, that circle of wholeness can always get bigger (that was awful). So, my point is that being happy is the most important part about life, although I'm positive I've metioned that more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment